Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday Thoughts -2-

Hello, Lovelies!

Sorry I've been posting later and later. Finals are next week and I've been preparing for Spring Break by doing laundry, going to the dining hall, and studying... 'Tis the life of a hardcore party girl! Woot!

But anywho, because I couldn't convince you to go out and buy DITCHED, I thought that hearing from some other people might! So in no particular order, here are links to eight different reviews I've read about it. They're from all over the place and they have different likes and dislikes so read with the ear of a critic and remember! The best way to make a judgement about something is to experience it for yourself.

So without further adieu here is a review...

In Which DITCHED is described as a "laugh-out-loud debut...
[for] when you are in the mood for a thoroughly entertaining light read."

In Which DITCHED made the reader think, hey!
"This would make an AWESOME movie!"

In Which DITCHED "had me [the reviewer] at its cover..." 

In Which the reviewer "loved this story" and was glad they bought it...

In Which DITCHED "feels a bit like the Hangover" and gets 4 stars...

In Which the reviewer talks about the cover, gives a few 
spoilers, and bakes a cookie shaped like Justina's prom dress...

In Which "Justina is very likeable... but basically is a Hot Mess..."
Recommended for fans of 80s John Hughes movies...

In Which those hardcore folk at Kirkus Reviews called this a "zany comedy...
[in which] the author displays a well-developed touch for the absurd." 

And that's all I've got for you this Thursday. As you can see, the consensus is that DITCHED is a fun, light read that is pretty refreshing for those of us saturated with heavy YA. So what do you think? Ready to give it a chance? I did and I ended up really enjoying this novel. So what are you waiting for? Get down with DITCHED and then join me here tomorrow at 6 P.M. PST to talk about Robin Mellom's debut AND Ally Carter's CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO SPY. 

See you then!
Deserae
P.S. Like I said last Thursday, Elsewhere is small right now so I'm not expecting to have a huge crowd at the liveshow. But you should come! And you should tell other people to come! Even if you haven't read the books because we could talk about boys, or flowers, or book COVERS (oh my.)... The options are limitless and although you'll need an account to join the chat, it's really easy to sign up so do it! I can't wait to chat with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?