Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Sights ~1~

Good morning, Beautifuls!

Today, there are so many things I'm dying to share with you.

FIRST if you haven't heard, JK Rowling is writing another book... for adults!
This from the Leaky Cauldron:

"Although I’ve enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry’s success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life"

Details will be announced "later in the year." The as-yet unnamed book has been bought by Little, Brown and Company in the UK and US.



Follow the link above to read their complete report of this exciting new development!

NEXT, I must say again what a cover fiend I am. If the cover looks awesome, I will buy the book just so it can sit prettily on my bookshelves. So in a very particular order, here's a list of five covers I'm thinking about trying to get my paws on:

#5: TEN by Gretchen McNeil
Although I'm slightly peeved at the concept of this book (because seriously, you guys: go read AND THEN THERE WERE NONE by Agatha Christie, and then read the blurb for this one. Same. Shizz.), I like this cover. A lot actually. The type of the title is the perfect font and color, and it takes up a predominant amount of the cover which allows for a simplistic scene of an island in the middle of the ocean and THIS provides the tone and setting for the reader right off the bat. So am I going to buy this one? I'll let you know. But I do like the cover immensely, and you might want to check out what's inside. Plus, there's the tagline: Ten teens. Three days. One killer. Usually, I stay away from horrors and thrillers, but if this is anything like Christie's novel, I might be able to handle it, and it might make for a really interesting read. Click on the book to learn more!




#4: THROUGH TO YOU by Emily Hainsworth
With this one, I'm not peeved, but skeptical. Will I truly be entertained by a ghost story? Although I have my reservations on the story, the blurb still interests me. If you've been keeping up with the CW's version of "The Vampire Diaries," then you'll notice how this plot-line is reminiscent of those episodes where Jeremy was able to communicate with Anna, but sometimes, Vicky broke through, too. ANYWHO, this cover is beautiful because she's in the water, but you can't see through it--- it's reflective, but not transparent. This, along with the fading type gives me the feeling this is going to be a complex story and not everything's going to just be black and white. What do you think? Do you like? If you want to learn more, click on the cover. Which is gorgeous, but you already knew that.




***#3: TIME BETWEEN US by Tamara Ireland Stone
Agh. Now this is one I KNOW I want to read. This is so "The Lake House" but much easier to follow! And the cover is simple and beautiful--- it's been so long since I've had nice, bright colors on my bookshelves. The shade of pinky-purple they've used for the font pops off of the crisp, light blue background, and I love that there's a full body shot of the model. How tired am I of these profile shots and close ups of the face taking over YA book covers! Also, I love that the guy is in the distance. I feel like YA covers these days put much too much emphasis on the BOY. Let the story speak for itself! This cover does that, giving me a sense of longing from the cover model that seems to teeter back and forth between the desire to have and the thought of having to let go. Want to know more? Click on the cover!
Defiance (Defiance, #1)


***#2: DEFIANCE by C.J. Redwine
So you guys. This cover equals amazing. I need you to click here so you can see this thing in its full on glory. Look at it. It's beautiful! With this one and my number one, I won't go into too much about the story because I need all of this space to drool over the cover. You look at this and you can tell you're about to embark on an adventure. You look at HER and you can tell she's your kind of heroine. And then seriously guys, ENLARGE it! Because you see the hem of her cloak? Look closely because OH EM GEE! Is that a castle you see?! I love how the cloak extends past the author's name off the cover, and forms these small mountains around the model as she kneels. And look at the type! It's so militant, so perfect! C.J. Redwine must be in love because yes! I love it too! So click the cover! Do it now; do it now!

***#1: SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo
Dudes and Dudettes, I give you my number one most anticipated cover to own. Yes, DEFIANCE is GORGEOUS! (and I want, want, want it. Yes, I do, yes I do.) But I am a sucker for covers that do NOT have models on it. I like covers that rely on text and themes from the story to help convey to readers what is on the inside. I see this cover and I think fairy tale. Or fantasy. I see the Russian architecture and I think yes! I'm going to be taken Elsewhere, ya'll! And then the type. Oh my Lord the type. I'm getting goosebumps just writing about it. The red stripes outlined in the black give me this ominous vibe, while the font, itself, suggests classiness, perhaps Gothic tradition. And look at the way the tails on the letter wrap around the trees!!! And look at how the cover looks cracked like a well-worn book--- like this is a tale of old! And look at where the author's name is placed: on the gates! As far as covers go, this is tops. Can't wait for it. And we're definitely reading it here, you guys. Click on the cover to learn more about this book!

FINALLY I must tell you a secret. March 4th is our fellow Wanderer, Sonal's, birthday! She is across the pond in Billy Shakespeare Land (aka England) so in order to time your "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" just right, I give you:


If you can't figure it out (or if you don't know where England is on a map), you can just look here where they give you a list of every country and the time it is there. Try to catch her sometime on HER March 4th, or feel free to send her a shout out at her blog, The Blog with No Name!

And that's it for this Saturday's Sights! I've had a lot pent up to tell you guys because a lot has happened since you and I last talked! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for my review of THE FAULT IN OUR STARS and for The Sunday Post (click here to find out what that is). 

'Til next time, mon amies!
Deserae
P.S. Send in your TFiOS Wednesday Writes! Check the March Calendar for the prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?