Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Mayhem -7- The Mayhem Gets Classy

Happy Monday, Elsewhere!

Today is a special, special day. We are entering Week 7 with the celebration of a classic. That's right! We are talking about the one, the original, the PRIDE AND PREJUDICE written by one of my favorite authors, Jane Austen.

I don't know, I guess I'm excited because this week, I'm challenging you guys to do the funniest Mayhem Challenge I could think of. If you read the April Calendar, you already know, but the challenge I present to you for a chance at this week's Mayhem Prize Pack is...

RECOMMEND PRIDE AND PREJUDICE TO A BOY.

Yeah. The male species for some reason seems to get shy around this subject, so I just thought it would be cool if we forced the Mr. Bingleys and Darcys and Collins' and Wickhams in our lives to read the piece of literature that they fear. Isn't that great? I think it's flipping fantastic. Remember, you can read it for free right here. Maybe that'll be incentive enough for your bros.

So if you do attempt the Mayhem Challenge, you'll be entered to win an envelope filled with:
-A copy of PRADA AND PREJUDICE by Mandy Hubbard
-Ribbons
-And a copy of the 2005 PRIDE AND PREJUDICE Soundtrack

If you're a dude, no, you cannot recommend it to yourself, Silly Billy. But you can recommend it to any other dude--- your dad, a friend, a blah, a blah. You get the idea, ya'll! You can give the ribbons to your sister, if you want, but be sure to snap a picture,  or make a video of your efforts and send it to myticketsomewhere@gmail.com. You can also make a Vlog Review or Response of the book in order to be entered, but be sure to leave the link in the comments below by THURSDAY, April 19th! Because that's when entries are due. Yeppers...

You could also submit something for the Wednesday Wanderings Challenge (details in the calendar so see the link above). Entries are due tomorrow if you want a second chance at that prize pack.

ANYWHO... As I said on Friday, the universe has sent a bunch of AWESOME PRIDE AND PREJUDICE hoopla my way this past week! Imagine my surprise when I saw this video by Hank Green talking about the very thing I needed to cause an uproar!


That's right people. At present, there is a webseries in the making that's reimagining PRIDE AND PREJUDICE in a 21st century context. Ain't that grand? Although they're taking LOTS of liberties with the content, I was still pretty pleased with the first episode.


What I love is that the cast is cute, the script is realistic, the content is pretty spot on, and it's a FLIPPING PRIDE AND PREJUDICE WEBSERIES! If you want to make sure they keep making episodes, subscribe to their YouTube channel and watch! It's that easy.

And agh! I'm taking up too much of your Monday. But rest assured, more goodies will be sent your way throughout the week and during our wrap up on Friday. So what do you think? Are you excited to start spreading the word about P&P? I hope so. But if you're not, why don't you check out this review (or mine!) before you go?


Have a great week!
Deserae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?