Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Sights ~8~

Hey, All!

Long time no talk. Recently, I've read a novel. Okay. I've read a few of them. But this novel inspired me to come back to Elsewhere, to pick up the blog again, not because I HAD TO, but because I realized that, if I didn't, no one else would.

So today, after many, many days of silence, after many, many weeks of nothing, after months, and months of yous guys having to rely on other elsewheres to tell you what's what in the world of books and other nonsensical wonders, I. HAS. RETURNED. Here is what's I've found in the past two days that if you haven't heard about, may, in fact, interest you. We have a lot to talk about this beautiful Saturday.

FIRST, The Veronica Mars Movie is HAPPENING. Not because the WB just couldn't get enough. Because the fans joined together, funded it, are making them make it happen. We all knew the internet was a dangerous and wonderful place, but the Veronica Mars Kickstarter has helped the saying "Anything is possible" make a comeback. This screenshot of the project being FULLY FUNDED was taken within the first 11 hours of the project going live. And now they're almost doubled!

Which brings me to the NEXT kick(start)er... TORMENT. A blogger I follow and adore, Adam Heine, has been working diligently along with a bunch of other game designers on an RPG called Torment: Tides of Numenera. The Kickstarter is fully funded (and with 20 days left! Huzzah!!!) but the more money the project has, the better it'll be! If you click on the link and find out that you're interested (or if like me, you have a soft spot for writers and wish  them every happiness and ounce of success in everything they do), then click the link and donate OR help by spreading the word!

MOVING ON from geeky to even geekier, I think I'm in love with this webseries called "The Chronicles of Syntax." You can find out what it's all about for yourself by watching the first episode, but in short, it's a story of good versus evil, of fighting for a cause--- even one you don't have all the details about. It's about friendship, trust, and loyalty. About destiny and callings and deciding yours for yourself. It's about taking a stand. Making a change. And oh yeah. There's also kick-butt action. Follow them on Twitter or just check it out! If you're into cheesy but awesome sci-fi stuff, you'll love it as much as I do.

About NeverwhereREALLY QUICKLY I've just remembered something brilliant I came across and have fingers crossed is true. Rumor has it there will be a "Sherlock" Series 4--- AND 5!

But IN MORE CONFIRMABLE NEWS, Benedict Cumberbatch and James McAvoy. Starring in a radio drama. Based on Neil Gaiman's NEVERWHERE. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGG... It is happening. It is happening HERE. Go listen to it. Just listen to it. Listen to a story. The story doesn't begin right away (give the player a minute or two before you give up thinking I've led you astray) but you'll know when you're there. When you're there in Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. And you will love it.

Okay. We're almost done, I swear. I ALSO wanted to tell you about the fact that there is now an official "John Green Book Club" site! For some of you, I'm sure this is cool. For me, it's just the incentive I need to dig into some of his other novels.

AND FINALLY, for ye writers of the utterly hilarious, The Greenhouse Literary Agency is having a brilliant contest! If you've got a manuscript that will tickle an agent's funny bone, then you should head on over, read the rules, and consider entering! There's time--- lots of it--- to decide if you want to, but there's no harm in checking it out!

And that's it for this week! I hope you found something lovely in this mess of information. Call it a peace offering--- a token of my appreciation. And then join me this week as I talk about Victoria Schwab's THE ARCHIVED and catch you up on what I've been reading since I saw you last.

Until tomorrow,
Deserae

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad MyTicketElsewhere is back in business! :D Is the Veronica Mars movie going to be a movie based on the show with the original actress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Kristen Bell is in. The original cast members are in. Rob Thomas (the writer, not the singer) has the script. They are filming this summer. They're going big. :)

    I'm glad, too. Gonna be changes, but it's nice to be talking about books again. Now go listen to "Nevermore Ep. 1!" It's creepy, but cool, and delicious ear candy. I can't wait until Monday's new podcast!

    Love, love, love,
    Deserae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Yay! I was hoping so, it wouldn't be the same without her! Haha I did think of the singer when I saw that name :O. It seems like fun!

    Haha you should not said it's creepy! :p Nevertheless, I shall check it out then!
    Love, love, love, love,
    Me :D

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?